Weapon & Firearms Defense Attorney
Have you been Charged with Carrying a Concealed Weapon, Possession of an unlawful Weapon, Unlawful sale of firearms or an Assault with a deadly weapon?
California and Federal laws can have harsh penalties for an individual charged with weapons and firearms charges.
An experienced skilled defense attorney can challenge your criminal weapons charges to avoid conviction or negotiate a plea to lesson jail time.
What are Weapons/firearms charges?
The state of California criminalizes the possession of certain types of dangerous or deadly weapons. The mere possession of these items can be a felony offense. Weapons charges can carry strict penalties. If you are convicted of a weapon violation, you could face fines, probation, jail, and the loss of your right to possess a firearm.
Weapon violations include a variety of offenses such as:
- Assault with a deadly weapon
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Possession of an unlawful weapon
- Unlawful sale of firearms
California Firearms Legislation
When it comes to gun control and firearms legislation, California has some of the most rigorous laws, which are outlined below:
- In California, it is illegal to sell firearms that have military features, like an AK47.
- Any person who purchases a firearm must fill out and submit a California Dealer Record of Sale (DROS) and also attend safety training courses.
- Any person who purchases a firearm must go through a licensed dealer.
- Before a person can legally purchase a firearm, he/she must go submit to a background check and a 10 day waiting period.
- According to California’s Child Abuse Prevention (CAP) law, leaving a firearm accessible to a child below the age of 14 is a felony.